Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Rhubarb Pie

A few years ago a little hole in the wall opened in Williamsburg, called Pies 'n' Thighs. I think they've since closed, but the one and only time I went there, they gave me a deep dish rhubarb pie that I've thought about more than once since. I was brought up on strawberry rhubarb, but had never had just straight rhubarb before nor since. Until tonight. Using Orangette's recipe and leftover pie crust, I put one together in a very short time. Based on tasting the juices, it is not going to be around very long. Orangette's writing puts me to shame, but I'm just too tired tonight. I just want pie and sleeping.

The next morning, some evil imp of memory settles down to remind me that at the shake shack, you can get pie mashed right on yer ice cream. Hmmm.

No comments: