Thursday, November 6, 2008

CSA Pickup #20

Last week's pickup was a little hectic, what with the truck being over an hour late (again). Hazards of the trade, and usually I wouldn't complain, but it always seems to happen on those days when I've budgeted my time down to ten minute windows.

But somehow, with the help of the most clueless cab driver I've ever dealt with, I managed to retrieve the vegetables, drop them at home, swing by the home of a lovely couple in Park Slope to pick up a Freecycle pasta maker, and then haul that off to do my second ghost tour of the day, with heavy metal machine on my shoulder. The list goes on, in that I left for New Hampshire to canvass a few hours later, but the long and the short of it is, I didn't photograph the take, and may have forgotten some of it. One certain thing is that we are behind on eating it, but I hope to catch up very soon.

We got:

1.5 lbs carrots
braising greens mix (seemed to contain mizuna, lettuce, vitamin green, and a few others)
1 head purple bok choi
1 sugar pumpkin (yay!)
potatoes
1 head broccoli
2 jalepenos

and that's all I remember. There was probably more.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

what's a sugar pumpkin?