Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Tuesdays with Dorie: Cinnamon Espresso Squares


This week's Tuesdays with Dorie assignment was Cinnamon Squares, a plain, buttery, almost coffeecake-like cake, with a ribbon of cinnamon, espresso, and chocolate. I wasn't all that excited about it, partly because the picture in the book looks dry, but it was very alluring, especially when warm. Dorie pairs it with a chocolate icing, but I liked it unadorned.

I'm watching the end of Milos Forman's Hair as I type this, and wish I had something more revolutionary to add, but this is pretty basic bake sale stuff. In the sharing bake sale spirit, you can find the recipe here.

3 comments:

Catherine said...

if this is what you brought me on the train, it was delicious!!

Anonymous said...

I love the look of your Cinnamon Square cake! It rose soo high and it looks almost streuseled on top!

Maris said...

This looks so good! And your BBA posts, also awesome! Are you going in order?

I can't wait to get to the ciabatta loaf and then make paninis or bruschetta!