Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Tuesdays with Dorie: Sugar-Topped Molasses Spice Cookies


A few months ago, I started a Ginger Cookie Project--comparing and contrasting recipes from my books and the internet in the hunt for my perfect (spicy, crackly, chewy) ginger molasses cookie. I had several successes and some lame attempts. Over all, my favorite was the Soft Glazed Gingerbread from the Tartine cookbook. The bootleg recipe for the Black Dog ginger cookies was a dismal failure. I even went so far as to create a comparative spreadsheet for all of the recipes I tried, but haven't yet gotten around to posting it (soon, I promise).

I was reminded forcibly of  my unfinished project when Pamela of Cookies with Boys chose Sugar-Topped Molasses Spice Cookies for this week's Tuesdays with Dorie. Mine came out a little dryer than I would have liked, probably due to some slapdash measuring, but the cookies made by many other TWD participants had exactly the look I usually go for, so I think I'll be coming back to test these again. I'll probably do what I usually do; up the spices, decrease the sugar--they were a little sweet.

No comments: