Friday, September 10, 2010

Heavenly Cake Bakers: Gold Ingots (Financiers)

It's clear that I'm missing something with financiers. I've now made several variations and I just find myself underwhelmed. This isn't a chocolate problem--I love vanilla and almond and brown butter. Maybe this all goes deeper, deep into the heart of my relatively broke lifestyle and fear of suit culture. In the end, I'm just no financier.

On the upside, they're quite cute, and Matt likes them. He found them 'particularly helpful' as breakfast this morning as he moved the car.

This post, and the several following, will feature some catching up, as I get up a new head of steam after a Labor Day weekend vacation and two weeks of no stove or oven. For the fall, I hope to spend some time re-thinking what I am trying to do with this blog, and hopefully introducing more photos, some narrative arcs, and some guest posting. I may also be participating in Project Food Blog, a contest put on by Foodbuzz. More on this shortly.

I've been spending a lot of time thinking about how food and cooking relate to my private and professional life, and how I would like them to. I'm thinking of taking on another internship to broaden my bread skills, and musing on various business ventures, and also just thinking about how to improve our eating habits at home. All in all, it's going to be busy, and hopefully there will be plenty to read and think about, and some exciting recipes and techniques to try.

No comments: