Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Tuesdays with Dorie: Eat MORE Pie

Back on the pie crust train. We had a bag of 'utility' Macouns on the counter and a butter/margarine crust ready to go. And go we did.
I actually took this pie down to Libby and Rob's, re-living the time when my wonderful testers lived right here in-house. Full of butter, apples, vietnamese cinnamon, and not much else (ok, ok, I threw in a pear), this was pie at its purest.
The next evening, Rob, who hadn't been there for dinner, put it to me thus: "I was reading my horoscope, and it said I would be finding a new love and beginning a new relationship. And I now know that it was true--your pie."

5 comments:

Jessica of My Baking Heart said...

How cute... love the horoscope! :) Beautiful pie, too!

Pamela said...

Sounds like you have a big fan of the pie in your friend. Looks really wonderful.

Nichicakes said...

Looks perfect!

AmyRuth said...

Wow, perfectly beautiful!!
AmyRuth

Tia said...

wow, that's some seriously good looking pastry. great skills you have there!
xoxo Tia @ Buttercreambarbie