Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Heavenly Cake Bakers: White Velvet Cupcakes with Apricot Neoclassic Buttercream

The last time I made these cupcakes,for a Polybe + Seats bake sale last spring in Carroll Gardens, some reality TV construction workers proposed marriage. Nothing so dramatic happened this time, but everyone who got one of these fluffy cakes with apricot golden neoclassic buttercream seemed pleased. They're going into the office today, so the co-workers will have the final word. I particularly like how the Lyle's Golden Syrup adds a salty edge to the buttercream. My sister told me she was on a health kick, then ate two.

2 comments:

evil cake lady said...

I was planning on making the apricot version but got lazy. I like how you piped your buttercream!

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

Looks just lovely.