Saturday, February 25, 2012

Tuesdays with Dorie: Chocolate Truffle Tart

I resisted this tart from beginning to end. Brownies are good, tarts are great, brownies in a tart shell, eh. I love chocolate but desserts that just taste of chocolate and sweet are not my favorite. Too sweet, too one-note, just too...eh. The chocolate tart crust was great, and I'm thinking of filling a small tart with the remainder and some passion curd. The original recipe resembled a riff on Rocky Road, with white chocolate and cookies and chocolate scattered into the brownie mix. I threw in some white chocolate chunks, grape-nuts (why not, I'm from New England), and cacao nibs, which almost always get mistaken for nuts at my office.

Next up, rugelach, which I can pretty much guarantee that I'll prefer.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the idea of adding cocoa nibs and Grape Nuts. Those would have added some actual crunch, unlike the amaretti I used. Beautiful tart. Thanks for baking along with us!

Cher Rockwell said...

Mmmmm - cocoa nibs! What a great idea.

Tammy said...

Passion curd? That could be really good, or take on a completely different connotation in different company. Please tell me it's made of passionfruit and sugar, like a lemon curd?

Love your profile description. I too appreciate elegant grammar and no-knead bread, but have had mixed luck with both.