Saturday, September 27, 2008

CSA Pickup #15

That's right. Windflower farm is so good at growing those peppers. Luckily I got to use up a whole bunch in a stew I'm making. More on that later.

This week, the email from the CSA was all about celeriac. There was an impassioned defense of the root vegetable, and two recipes. With all that lead-up, I was prepared to get a basket full of the stuff. What we got was...

one large zucchini
three small yellow summer squashes
1.5 lbs green beans
2 peppers
Savoy cabbage
spicy salad mix
5 ears of corn
1 eggplant
and...one tiny bulb of celeriac. I might make a very small mash.

So, that might have been all, but at the last minute, even more vegetables rained onto my head from the sky. My guess bloggers Stacey and Avi went out of town and I took the bus with my bags over to their CSA in Carroll Gardens.

They got:

1 small cabbage
3 lbs apples
1.5 lbs spinach
arugula
bell peppers (sigh)
a pint of sungolds
a small bunch of potato-like radishes
one large heirloom tomato

Delicious, and not even that heavy (corn and eggplant take their toll. Thanks, guys.

No comments: