Thursday, October 23, 2008

Pumpkin Ice Cream Sandwiches (in Ginger-Sorghum Cookies)

I did a little freezer stocking today, but not quite in the classical way. Instead of hearty tomato sauce, chopped vegetables, and prepared casseroles, I spent a little part of the afternoon putting up finger food.

I used a bunch of waiting vegetables and some leftover roast chicken to make a batch of chicken dumplings (prepared wrappers, turnip, vitamin green, garlic, ginger, soy, carrot), and then, because it's fall and I still had a bit of leftover squash puree...
I put together a custardy pumpkin ice cream and smacked it between some ginger-sorghum cookies. I wish the cookies had come out a little more like those I made the week before last, flat and spicy, but these will do just fine. Consider the freezer stocked. Which is good, because I went and juiced the fennel.

No comments: