Monday, August 30, 2010

Heavenly Cake Bakers: Chocolate Cake with Caramel Ganache

I made a ganache this week.

It was a really really good ganache.

I made a cake too, but the ganache was the star. It was a caramel ganache, with creamy caramel added to chocolate. Some caramel ganaches are are bitter, or only taste like chocolate. This one, not so. This one, I love. This one, is like the best chocolate in the box, the one you spy and wait for, and know is the best because it is square and has chewy caramel inside.

The cake was good too, but due to a dome-ing incident, the layers were very thin indeed, rendering the cake/ganache ratio ridiculous. And delicious. I made the cake at the bakery on Saturday, and went back this morning to take a picture. And every piece was gone. Good news for those of you who like photos is that Lily says I should make it again right after labor day.

3 comments:

Vicki said...

Every piece gone-that is the best compliment ever!

Unknown said...

I agree with Vicki... empty plates is a cooks best compliment.

Shandy said...

The ganache was delicious! and the cake moist. Those that ate your cake have great taste =).