Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Passover

The answer is yes, Passover does put a crimp in my baking style. In past years, that has been less true, and the results were things like Nigella Lawson's chocolate chestnut cake (flourless), and my grandmother's classic sponge cake, of which my mother has now taken over production. Between shuttling back and forth to New Jersey this year, there wasn't a lot of time for me to think about cooking. This was no great loss, because everyone else in my family was cooking to kill. Among the new highlights was Naomi's nut tart with lemon curd and mango. Rabidly awaited old favorites include Ellen's chocolate macaroons and Loren's matzo-meal muffins, which, to put it mildly, have achieved cult status.These photos are presented courtesy of my slightly inebriated cousin Zach, pictured below at right at the summit of Mt. Lafayette. (He's the one in the black jacket just above the large drop of freezing rain on the lens.)

1 comment:

Judith Motzkin Studio said...

I mentioned your blog on mine today.
Check it out Katya, motzkin.blogspot.com
jude