Saturday, September 12, 2009

Two CSAs

I'm so thankful that my food grows in the ground. Every week my CSA is a small affirmation that real people still make real food and it's possible for me. Possible to eat tomatoes with noses.
This week, we got:
1/2 head lettuce
1 small bulb fennel
3 corn
1/2 lb string beans
several tomatoes of different sizes (our share partner got the fancy heirloom, but we got many lovely ones)
2 small onions
1 bunch kale
(there was also parsley, but we gave that to our share partner)

Last night was definitely leftover night, and the best thing to do with leftover/csa night is tacos. I made a leftover mole using a Diana Kennedy recipe. It was pretty good, I think I can do better, but mole is a lifelong process and it was good enough for leftover night, especially in that it used the last cup of black beans.
I missed posting last week's share, so here it is.
1 eggplant
1 head lettuce
several tomatoes
1 large bunch basil
1 bunch swiss chard
1 green pepper
3 or 4 potatoes
jalepenos
celery

No comments: