Friday, June 11, 2010

Tuesdays with Dorie: Tender Shortcakes

Remember that lullaby from Peter Pan...'Tender shepherd, tender shepherd...'?
The one my sister used to sing as 'Tender Shapar'?

Yes, that one.

The one that has been running through my head on an almost continuous loop during the baking of these Tender Shortcakes for TWD.
The shortcakes were just the way I like them, biscuits. Sponge cake shortcakes are, as I may have mentioned, for sissies. However, following Liana's birthday blowout of whipped cream and strawberries, I opted to keep things simple this time, and ate them with rhubarb curd.
 It's yellow because the rhubarb was green, not pink.

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Rhubarb curd! I've never heard or thought of making rhubarb into curd. I will now! I love biscuit type shortcake. Will earmark this one!