Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Cake Withdrawal

It's been nearly a month since I made a cake.

Well, not exactly. There was that honeycake, and that apple-turnip-carrot cake...

Okay, but you know what I mean, a cake cake.


That's kind of like when you like like a boy. There's just a little more frosting and filling and lemons around when it's a cake cake. But after all, it's not like I'm just going to whip up fully frosted layer cakes every week.

Why not, you ask? I am known for unprompted and seemingly superfluous feats of dessert around here.
Even for me, though, a full on layer cake with no excuse whatsoever does seem a little much.


That's a hint, by the way. I'm dying for an excuse. Please, somebody, have a birthday, or a baby, or a wedding, or at least a dinner party. This commission thing is fun, and I'm trying to build myself a portfolio and a reputation. Throw me a bone here.
In the meantime, here are some more pictures of Stacey and Avi's wedding cake to keep your appetite whetted. If you're anything like me, your attention will be immediately diverted from the cake toward the enormous bowl of whipped cream sitting just behind it. Seriously, the caterers were outstanding.

No comments: