Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Tuesdays with Dorie: Cocoa-Nana Bread

This one went quickly--I didn't take a picture. In short, it was a banana pound cake made with cocoa. Overbaked, and a bit dry, but we dipped it in milk and ate it and enjoyed it. I didn't put in the extra chocolate chips that Dorie's recipe called for--it was good but not particularly noteworthy, I'd rather do plain banana bread with chocolate chips. If it's your kind of thing, though, the recipe is here.

As Matt put it, Dorie is taking care of him this [coming] month. Upcoming recipes include chocolate chip cookies, brownies, chocolate bundt cake, and honey wheat cookies. Expect to see them all here if we don't eat them first.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Mine was dry too and I thought I overbaked it, but the more posts I read the more I think it was just this recipe.

Tia said...

wow, your pizza stone and oven are so clean!!! mine has black splotches on it. from bubling cheese :)